We are going to try this out and see where it goes.
The purpose of “Startup Snacks” is to provide the startup community with ONE actionable item per week to move your startup forward. Some of it will be original content, some not. No pride here – and frankly, why recreate the wheel if somebody has already put together some great content or tools that will benefit the startup community. If it can help you in your journey we will share it!
We live in an open-source laboratory – and we will give credit where credit is due.
Some of the snacks may or may not be for you depending on where you are in your journey, so it will be up to you read or trash. You are more than welcome to graze; come and go as you like.
Our team at the Alloy Growth Lab will select one “snack” topic per week – hone in on that topic with the hope of adding value – a virtual smorgasbord of tasty morsels. Here are the topics that we will pull from on a weekly basis.
- Legal – How do I form a company? How do I deal with IP, Shareholder Agreements, Employee Contracts and Offer Letters, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Operating Agreement (Founder’s Agreement), Bylaws, Seed Equity Financing docs, Convertible Note Financing docs?
- Getting Set-Up – How to start with an idea and grow that into a business? How can I pitch it, manage it, measure it?
- Market + Growth – How do I find, understand, and hold onto my customers, do sales, and plan my growth?
- Tech + Product – How can I develop my product, make sure it’s what customers want, test it, price it, evaluate its impact?
- Team Building + Development – How do I develop and maintain company culture, work well with others, develop and manage my board and advisors, stay sane, set priorities, hire and fire, and have people mentor me?
- Corporates + Investors – How do I find and manage investors and corporate partnerships?
- Finance – How do I look at and manage the financials of my company, deal with equity, understand notes and venture deals?
- Policy & Government – How can I find, leverage, and think about policy?
Anything we may be missing or have an idea on a snack? Let me know in the comments section.
Here goes for the first week……………..
Corporates + Investors + Market + Growth
How to Get an Open Rate of 80% on Cold Emails!
McKeever Conwell McKeever (Mac) Conwell,II – Founder extraordinaire and Managing Partner at RareBreed ventures – discusses tips, tricks, and best practices for sending cold emails. A useful video for both sales and fundraising.
He also posted a Medium article entitled “How Desperation Drove Me to Use Twitter to take 1,128 Meetings to Raise the First $3M of RareBreed Ventures Fund“
August 31 – AWS Startup Academy: URF: Building Community of Brand Advocates – Are you an underrepresented founder? Are you looking to create a community of brand advocates? Info/registration here.
September 7 – Aviatra Flight Night – A Pitch Contest presented by Aviatra Accelerator – info/registration here.
September 8 – Amazon Small Business Summit – learn more here.
September 14 – Local State and Federal Certifications Workshop – Ohio Procurement Technical Assistance Center – info/registration here.
September 14 – GrowthX and Alloy Growth Lab Info Session – limited scholarships to participate – registration and more info here.
September 15 – Webinar: Current State of the Legal Cannabis Industry – info/registration here.
October 3-4 – OnRamp Manufacturing Conference – the leading conference for manufacturing innovation – info/registration here.
October 5 – REBUILD Conference – REBUILD, formerly the High Performance Buildings Seminar, is a conference that equips leaders to build sustainable value in their organizations. Divergent questions lead to innovation. info/registration here.
October 11 – We are looking for GREEN startups (space limited to 4 startups) to participate in GreenCharge event hosted by the Alloy Growth Lab and Madtree Alcove during StartupCincy Week – info/registration here.
October 10 – 15 – StartupCincy Week – Learn more and register here!
October 19 – Connecting the Coasts to the Heartland – presented by One America Works, OhioX, Youngstown Incubator, HG Ventures, Youngstown Business Incubator, and Comeback Capital – info/registration here.
Let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org